New fracture risk assessment software available for DXA
There is a new bone texture parameter called TBS (Trabecular Bone Score), available now to add to your DXA bone density system with the software TBS iNsight™.
As you know, osteoporosis diagnosis and management remain a challenge! That’s why bone densitometry has evolved significantly over the past few years.
The bone texture parameter called TBS (Trabecular Bone Score), available on bone densitometers with the software TBS iNsight™, is now widely renowned as a fracture risk indicator independent from bone mineral density (BMD) and FRAX™.
International scientific societies such as the IOF and the ISCD agree on integrating TBS in their 2015 recommendations as an independent fracture risk factor for diagnosis and care of osteoporosis.
A big milestone for TBS: the FRAX™ team from Sheffield University, UK, has developed a new adjustment model for FRAX accounting for TBS value.
“FRAX adjusted for TBS” became available April 15th on the FRAX Calculation Tool ( www.shef.ac.uk/FRAX) and allows:
- Easy integration of TBS in your daily clinical practice
- Better prediction of fracture risk based on FRAX
- Refinement of individual fracture risk assessment
- Reclassification of patients’ eligibility for treatment near intervention threshold
The clinical impact of “FRAX adjusted for TBS” is as follows:
- Potential change for patients from one side of the intervention threshold to another;
- High impact of TBS for patients whose fracture risks calculated by FRAX are located near the intervention threshold (in treatment zone and in non-treatment zone);
- High impact of TBS in young patients;
- Significant impact of TBS in the assessment of major osteoporotic fracture risk.
- “FRAX adjusted for TBS” will be fully integrated with the software TBS iNsight™ V. 3.0.
TBS software is now available for purchase and can be added to your DXA system. It can also be packaged with a software or system upgrade.
You can check out the attached PDF page for more detail. We have a variety of interesting clinical papers that can be shared as well.
To learn more about this special TBS promotion
email [email protected]
For further detail regarding CT, or other imaging equipment such as Ultrasound, Bone Density, or C-Arm contact Complete Medical Services Tony Orlando President for reviews and more information.