New fracture risk assessment software available for DXA
There is a new bone texture parameter called TBS (Trabecular Bone Score), available now to add to your DXA bone density system with the software TBS iNsight™.
As you know, osteoporosis diagnosis and management remain a challenge! That’s why bone densitometry has evolved significantly over the past few years.
The bone texture parameter called TBS (Trabecular Bone Score), available on bone densitometers with the software TBS iNsight™, is now widely renowned as a fracture risk indicator independent from bone mineral density (BMD) and FRAX™.
International scientific societies such as the IOF and the ISCD agree on integrating TBS in their 2015 recommendations as an independent fracture risk factor for diagnosis and care of osteoporosis.
A big milestone for TBS: the FRAX™ team from Sheffield University, UK, has developed a new adjustment model for FRAX accounting for TBS value.
“FRAX adjusted for TBS” became available April 15th on the FRAX Calculation Tool ( www.shef.ac.uk/FRAX) and allows:
- Easy integration of TBS in your daily clinical practice
- Better prediction of fracture risk based on FRAX
- Refinement of individual fracture risk assessment
- Reclassification of patients’ eligibility for treatment near intervention threshold
The clinical impact of “FRAX adjusted for TBS” is as follows:
- Potential change for patients from one side of the intervention threshold to another;
- High impact of TBS for patients whose fracture risks calculated by FRAX are located near the intervention threshold (in treatment zone and in non-treatment zone);
- High impact of TBS in young patients;
- Significant impact of TBS in the assessment of major osteoporotic fracture risk.
- “FRAX adjusted for TBS” will be fully integrated with the software TBS iNsight™ V. 3.0.
TBS software is now available for purchase and can be added to your DXA system. It can also be packaged with a software or system upgrade.
You can check out the attached PDF page for more detail. We have a variety of interesting clinical papers that can be shared as well.
To learn more about this special TBS promotion
For further detail regarding CT, or other imaging equipment such as Ultrasound, Bone Density, or C-Arm contact Complete Medical Services Tony Orlando President for reviews and more information.